Next...I have had a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit. Mainly because I have gotten 0 (zer0) help from Blake. Correction, he did get the totes down from the attic. I not only strung all the lights on the Christmas tree myself, but I decorated it, and I even cut the dang tree down when we went Christmas tree hunting. It is not going to win any awards, or appear at the next Festival of Trees, but considering I did it ALL BY MYSELF I think I did a pretty fantastic job.
Third...My little baby was 3 months old this past week. I hear all the time the cliche "I can't believe how big he is," but now I know what they're talking about. He is so much more fun then he was even 6 weeks ago. He is cooing, laughing, and almost rolling over (with help and motivation with toys). He loves his bouncy chair, rattle, and reading stories. He will sit with me for 30+ minutes in front of the bookshelf and read stories with me. He loves "The Little Chick" book, and always bats at the cow and shouts at the pages. It is so fun to see him maturing and not just laying there eating, pooping and peeing. 
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Slaying Dragons, Holiday Cheer? and a Milestone
With the cooler weather has come some unwanted guests. In the last two weeks we have had not one, but two mouses in MY house. The first one I saw out of the corner of my eye run across the living room floor and into the kitchen about a week ago. I slowly crept into the kitchen and saw the mouse near the laundry room. I grabbed Brody and ran into the bedroom. I stuffed towels and blankets under the door so that the mouse couldn't get in and called Blake in a panic. He was, of course, in the back hoe setting some silly fuel tank or something and said that he wouldn't be home for an hour or so. He came home, finally, and placed sticky traps in the laundry room. About 15 minutes later we caught ourselves a mouse. I thought our problems were over, until today. I was folding Blake's jeans hot out of the dryer walking back and forth out of the laundry room to shake the jeans and fold them, when I turned around to go back to the laundry room, there was a big fat brown mouse right in the middle of the laundry room where I had been walking. Heebee jeebees. So I again run and grab Brody in a panic, barricade myself in the bedroom and call Blake. After calling him 6 times without him answering, he finally picked up. He said he would "be right home." 45 minutes later I call him, and oh and he's been over at Casey's, and Westergards. Hello? Doesn't he know I'm about to stroke out because my blood pressure is so high you can't measure it? He eventually came home and this mouse he wacked with the broom (I was not present for the whacking). Hopefully this will have taken care of the mouse problem. I just can't stand thinking that there is a mouse in my house. (I'm shuttering right now).

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your tree is fantastic. I had to laugh a little because short of cutting down my tree, I do it all by myself every year. I even have to get the totes upstairs too. I take that back, if I don't do it in the middle of the night I have a lot of help from three people I wish wouldn't help. Just consider it your new Christmas tradition.
I think it is funny that you think you are safe in the bedroom. Just leave the house Jessica. Come over. I have a very fat cat and 2 dogs that eat anything htat moves so I know I do not have any. You would be safe until Blake could actually get home.
It does go too fast when you look back, but it seems like some days will never end...
Post a Comment