Thursday, December 25, 2008
Let There Be Peace On Earth
Merry Christmas to all! Our Christmas Eve was spent at Grandma and Grandpas for the annual rare who roast beast, prime rib, dinner. The meat was fantastic and tender, the punch sparkling and the company was even better. It was so nice to get to spend it with my family. After becoming a mother myself I find that I want to spend more time with my family. Not only do they aleve me of Brody and love and hold him, but I love them even more now that I have Brody. I treasure each opportunity I have to get to be with them. I was also grateful that I did not have to work Christmas Eve. I did the holiday schedule this year and purposefully scheduled myself for 11pm to 5am over Christmas Eve because I was the second highest person with senority. It worked. Santa found the Hall and Bean home this year. Santa certainly spoils us! Brody got a high chair, the darling little puppy dog hat and mitten set below, a MASSIVE stocking full of baby food and rice/oatmeal cereal (no we haven't started solids yet, maybe in a month or so), diapers, a fish toy, a ball toy, onesies/sleepers, and more. Blake received a flat screen TV for the front room, work shirts, gift cards, smokin' wood and chips for his blasted smoker, meat gift certificates, DVDs, and a freakin sweet ATV bag. I got brand new work out clothes (for my Yoga), new snow pants (see post below) Victorias Secret makeup, gift cards, a gorgeous framed picture of Christ with children, food storage, stationary, etc... Growing up my parents would tease us that all we would receive each year was bubble wrap to play with and a candy bar because that's all they could afford. For years my father especially made this joke and thought he was so cute and funny. He would sometimes say that because it was a good year at Bean and Smedley we could get a King Size candy bar. So, every year my parents wrap up a candy bar with bubble wrap and give it to us. I hope that tradition never dies. I am constantly amazed at how much my parents have done for me, and am so grateful for the sacrifices that they made so that I could have positive life experiences. Grandma Great and Grandpa Great Hall came to our house during the afternoon and visited, hence the picture below. We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey your blog is so cute!! I'm glad you all had a great christmas. I haven't posted for about a week but my address is
halostar4.blogspot.com
Sarah
Post a Comment