Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Most Beautiful Boy At The Ball

Brody "Ladykiller" Hall. Brody had the biggest smile at the prestigious Plain City Baby Contest and won!

Later that night we had a welcome home BBQ for Aunt Aly, note the Scotland T-shirts.

Brody and Papa at the parade. He loved the sounds and watching the people. He sucked the wrapper of a Dum Dum sucker for most of the parade and only screamed when the firetruck went off right in front of him. Of course, Mama Bear cried when the F-16s flew over during the singing of the Star Spangled Banner (my favorite moment of the day).

Brody played with his best friend CJ at the BBQ...you wouldn't think that you could fit a 9 1/2 month old and a 15 month old in a plastic pushy car thing, but oh you can, in many different ways. They crawled all over each other, poked each other, pushed each other out, smacked each other, and loved every minute of it. I hope they will be good friends all their lives.

We finished off the evening by hosting our own BBQ for our friends. Blake smoked ribs, brisket, pulled pork and homemade beans. We served our signature homemade BBQ sauces and homemade ice cream. We got bit by countless mosquitoes, only had one kid get hit with a bat and have a blood nose, nobody puked, many many crying babies, and all together way too much fun!

8 comments:

The Ballard's said...

Love the pics. Of course he would have the best smile. He is so handsome.

The White's said...

That sounds like you had a GREAT 4th. and congrats on your son being the winner!!!
That food your had on the 4th looks awesome and I think the ribs need to come to my house!

snow family said...

My mouth is watering with the last picture!! It looks really good... maybe its time for lunch :) Any who, the Brodester is adorable as usual!! Like you didn't know he would win the contest ;) I want Leighton to marry him.

HDVB said...

What a fantastic 4th! Btw, totally not surprised that Brody won - HELLO he IS the boy of the ball!!! Love the pics, tell Aly "Hello!" Love ya!

sarah and jeremy said...

Well of coarse he won, he is so stinkin cute!! You need to just stay home and have babies, especially if they all turn out as handsome as he is:)

Jake and Alayna said...

I've told Blake alredy, but I'll say it again, that BBQ was hands down the best I've ever had! Man that dude has got it figured out. Beans were killer, sauses were awesome, and the ice cream was perfect!

How-bout you do it again this weekend?m ;-)

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Jess who is your friend at OSU dental school? I bet kevin probably knows who she is? It has gone by fast I can barley believe it!

Ty and Ber said...

Nice job little Brody on winning the contest!

That food looks delish! Sounds like you guys had an excellent 4th of July.