- I like to shower with my son, I know it's creepy, and pedophile-ish but Brodster loves the water splashing him in the face, I love that we can kill two birds with one stone (that's the RN multi-tasker in me coming out).
- When Blake is gone I like it when Brody sleeps in the bed with me. He loves his mama and he is a cuddler, and who doesn't want to wake up with a handsome, young, practically perfect in every way man looking at them. (Brody will probably be sitting on Oprah or Dr. Phil's couch telling them about these last two things in 20 years.)
- There are times where I have longed to go behind my house and pull out a cigarette and just light up when Brody has stressed me to the max.
- If Blake's dog died...I wouldn't care.
- I love smutty shows, my favorite used to be Grey's Anatomy but now that it's all Lezbo I don't so much care for that kind of smut. Love love The Notebook smut scene in the rain, the smut shower scene in How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, love the first kiss smut scene in Pretty Woman, love the kiss at the end of Princess Bride, loved the first kiss between Jim and Pam on The Office.
- One of my favorite blogs to stock is vixen-goodinbed.blogspot.com. They are not updating it right now but there are links to old posts on the left side. Enough said, check it out. It doesn't dissapoint.
- I am a movie/TV show line a-holic. One of my favorite things to play with my sister is just naming lines back and forth and bantering with each other. She's almost as good as me.
- Secretly I sign up to work the holidays that we are supposed to be with Blake's family...shhhh don't tell any of the Halls.
- I love old people, there I said it. My love grew when I worked at a nursing home and I think that old people are extraordinary. I love their stories, I love thier ceniality, I love the way they lived so simply. I was going through some of my great-grandmas things and she literally picked off the snaps from clothing and saved them in Mason canning jars thinking of reusing them. I wish I could've met her.
- Speaking of great-grandma...secret confession that probably no one knows...I was born on her birthday, and my Great Aunt is still offended to this day that I was not named after her...Her name was Gladys. Gladys Bean Hall. Hmmmmm....
- Somedays I feel like Suzy Homemaker, Perfect LDS wife/mother, ready for my gold star reward/trophy/ribbon/medal, dressed, tanned, hair and makeup, making my homemade rolls, cleaning my house so you can eat off the floor, toilets so clean you could lick the seat, yard so bright you could publish a picture in Better Homes and Gardens. Then...other days I feel like a complete failure. I sit on the floor or couch all day long, barely play with Brody, have him go and get me things from around the house because I'm to lazy to move, order out dinner, stare at the weeds in my garden, and dream about a new home. Alas.
- Bottom line...my life's not perfect, but it's pretty close. I am happy with the choices that I have made and the choices that I live with every day. The best choice, to have Brody. He is one thing I don't regret in my life. As an "old person" once said to me, who was a patient of mine, "Did you ever think you could love something so much?" to which I promptly wept in front of her and her family and replied, "No, I never did." (It was one of my first days back off of maternity leave, cut me some slack for being emotional.)

Thursday, October 8, 2009
Is It Weird That...
Confessions of a twenty-something mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Your blog is my favorite to read! You always are upbeat and real. I love it! Thanks for sharing it with me!
I love posts like that! Straight from you.
Oh, my gosh! I can't stop laughing!!! I think you're just like everyone else with our "on" and "off" days, but we don't want to admit to those "off" moments very often, do we? Hey - your pics will be previewing by tomorrow!!!
I love you! We should hang out. I love your bluntness, The shower thing I totally kill 3 birds with one stone doing that. Its all good. Hope to see you at work.
I love blog stalking you! You are freakin' hilarious and I wish we worked more together!
You are the sweetest blog-commenter in the whole world! I just love your family!
I love it! And no I don't think you're weird at all, I think you're pretty dang normal. Thanks for being so honest.
Oh Jess - you are the greatest, thank you for the refreshing confessions - you are fabulous, just fabulous
Hahaha.. Love them all. This should be printed out, I'm sure most 20-something mommys feel the same. (But not me of course...) Love it. ;)
Nice to know we're related by blood as well as guilty pleasures...we do the shower thing on occassion too. I figure its cool while Cal can't talk and misrepresent our efficiency!!!
Post a Comment