Thursday, August 6, 2009

What Happens When...

What happens when...your child goes swimming in a public toilet, I mean swimming pool? He gets pink eye. Kidscare visit and $25 later, antibiotic eye drops. It cleared up 3 days later. I swear this was the best picture out of about 15 I tried getting. I ended up turning off the flash worried that I was going to further aggrevate said pink eye.
What happens when...Mom leaves the house for Sunday morning meeting? Mom comes home and finds this on the couch. I know, it's precious, and I have the two most handsome boys in Plain City.
What happens when...you go on a family vacation to Fish Lake and your sister says your not "outdoorsey"? You freakin show her how "outdoorsey" you are and catch the first freakin' fish when your 2.5 minutes out onto the lake. Suck it! (And no, I do not touch nor eat fish.) What happens when...five minutes later your sister catches a bigger fish than you? You shut up.

What happens when...your trolling along and your dad says, "I just got a nibble, no it was a hard hit," but refuses to bring in his line because the "hard hit" keeps coming and going? You find out after you pull in the copper line that he has "caught" a large piece of petrified fish poo that has been at the bottom of Fish Lake since the dinosaurs. What happens when...you think your child is developing cabin fever? You drag him down to Fish Lake and take off his socks and make him splash his itsy bitsy feetsies in freezing water. But he loved it. He loved the walk, which may I say we were having a grand time until I came across a sign that said, "Fish Lake is Black Bear Country," to which we promptly turned around and returned to the cabin.

What happens when...you go to Smith & Edwards and see that life jackets are on sale? You buy one and make your 11 month old wear it and go for a ride in the boat. Brody loved it, but Blake REALLY loved it. On a personal note, Blake said to me how special it was that he got to take Brody out in the boat because he never got to go boating with his dad. What happens when...your husband puts you in a half-nelson and you try to escape by kicking him in the knee-caps and stepping on his insoles? You get punished by breaking your toe. I could hardly walk on it yesterday but today it feels much better. Thanks for asking.

15 comments:

The White's said...

That was funny. Sorry about the pink eye and good job with the fish but then sorry about your sister getting a bigger one. Yet good job kinwing that then it was time to shut up. Also I think that bear country is a good place for a baby!! Sorry about your toe, next time go for the stuff higher than the knees. ahahah

Chamberlains said...

Love your blog. You're hilarious and I can hear your voice telling all these stories. Just 'cause I know you're dying to know - the Smith's sale went well for me, even @ 1:30 in the afternoon. Don't you feel better knowing that!

Samantha said...

Wow -- sure looks like you've been busy!! Brody is so darn cute! Sorry about the pink-eye, though! You knew SOMETHING was going to happen though -- as you said in your previous post :) It's hard as a nurse to take your little one anywhere public - knowing just what exactly is lurking on everything around! Huh!

The Ballard's said...

Yes, but your toes do look so nice as you show your injury.

Ty and Ber said...

I'm with Monica and can totally hear you telling me these stories.
But, honestly we massage funduses (or would that be fundi? when its plural??) and touch all sorts of gross things at work but you won't touch a fish? You make me laugh.

Sorry to hear that your little guy got pink eye.

kacie said...

I with ya on the fish thing. I don't eat or touch them. Breast milk gets rid of pink eye. Honest!! Its worked for me. See ya work!

HDVB said...

Wow Jess, I'm totally impressed you ARE outdoorsey and you've got the pic to prove it! Just hide Alyson's pic of her and her bigger fish :) OH how I love you two and miss you beyond all reason!

Westergard Family said...

very exciting and I wish I got to camp as much as you do, that looks fun!! I am so sorry to hear about Brody's pink eye....gary says to tell you we are next because we have little kids and new kittens. nooooo!!! :)

Westergard Family said...

very exciting and I wish I got to camp as much as you do, that looks fun!! I am so sorry to hear about Brody's pink eye....gary says to tell you we are next because we have little kids and new kittens. nooooo!!! :)

Jenny said...

I loved your blog post! Too fun!!!

Debbie said...

Oh Jessica we think Brody is the cutest baby in UTAH!!!! We love your blog. Keep it up. Love seeing pictures of Aly too.
Debbie & Twins

Traci said...

Jes you are a crack up. I have to say yours is the most entertaining I have read in awhile. Brody is so dang cute! How are you so skinny you look fabulous!

sarah and jeremy said...

That is so funny! I love the picture of Blake with Brody and the bottle in his pocket. A true dad right there. So cute!

Jake and Alayna said...

You are hilarious! Don't you know you're supposed to kiss the fish!? Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Sorry about Brody's pink eye and your toe. That's pretty funny how you broke it, though.

Stephanie said...

You are too witty. Love it. And the pic of Blake and Brody- can't beat it.