7:05 a.m.: In bed with mama now, Today Show on the TV. Mama dozing off and trying to hold a bottle at the same time.
8:00 a.m.: Mama changes positions in the bed, Brody wakes up.
8:15 a.m.: Diaper change, stinky (who knows how long he has been sitting in it but...not a blow out).
8:20 a.m.: Breakfast, Banana and a bowl of instant oatmeal. This morning he chose the Apple and Cinnamon.
8:30-9:30 a.m.: Playing with Birthday toys. Mama and Papa bought him the little 4 wheeler. Totally worth every penny. He knew exactly how to ride and mount it. Working on the pushing of the button. I normally have to get him started for a few seconds and then he does it by himself. He likes to do trick riding with one leg kneeling on the seat and the other dangling off the back of the 4 wheeler. He takes after his dad, I guess.
10:30 a.m.: I am sitting in the other room going through my coupons and I hear a crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch, and I yell, "if you are making a mess mama is going to eat your face off." Little did I know that when I rounded the corner I would find this little number. I'm guessing the Breakfast just wasn't filling enough for him. Then of course he freaks out when I turn the vacuum on. Happy Birthday son.
12:00 p.m.-2:00p.m.: Nappy wappy. Mama watched two episodes of M*A*S*H, did a load of laundry, checked her email, scrubbed the high chair (after the birthday smash cake extravaganza), loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, listened the rain, ate a bowl of pulled pork, and thought about the countless other tasks awaiting her around the house that would not get done because it was my little boys' birthday and today it was all about him.
5:30 p.m.-6:35 p.m.: Hanging out with Aunt Vurlia, eating pasta salad and peaches. Gave Aunt Vurlia 2 kisses.
6:35 p.m.-7:05 p.m.: Drive to Grandmas in carseat. Yes, I flipped him around. He loves it. Forget waiting for a doctors ok.
7:05 p.m.-7:15 p.m.: Dinner, consisting of two cupcakes, two chicken nuggets, and a small bowl of tomato and macaroni with butter and salt and pepper.
9:15 p.m.: Get home from Yoga, play with Brodster playing with the flashlight for 10+ minutes. Give him bottle of whole milk, rock him to sleep. Sing him is favorite bedtime songs, I Love To See The Temple, My Heavenly Father Loves Me, and Armies of Helamen. And he's out. Kisses. Hugs. To bed.
Brody, you are my little boyfriend. I can't imagine my life without you. I am so blessed to be able to be your mama. I hope I can teach you, instruct you and instill in you a testimony of the gospel. I know that if you gain a testimony of the Lord and the restoration of the Gospel that you will be happy. Heavenly Father wants you to be happy and so do your parents. At times this last year we have had a rocky relationship. I have resented giving up so much of my time...little did I know how much I was gaining. I would do anything for you. You bring me so much happiness. I love you, forever.
6 comments:
Aawww... I want to eat his face off too!! :) He'll be a heart breaker!
What a sweet post. I need to be a better mom and play more with the kids, not just light them on fire:) Happy birthday big boy.
What a fun birthday. Who knew being 1 could be so much fun? You are such a good mom.
That was such a good post. He had quite a nice birthday it looks like.
Your post left me a little misty.......
Oh Jessica, thanks for posting this glimpse into your life. He is SO beautiful and so are his mom and aunt! It was fun to see you in action at Cafe Rio the other day. You are a WONDERFUL mom! Glad my girls can look up to you. I love Aly too :-)
Post a Comment