The Brodster, Little Buddy, Stinky, Stink-bug, Monkey, aka Brody Joseph Hall had his birthday party yesterday. We had to have the party the day before his actual birthday due to Blake going out of town for work. We had planned to have it at the local park, may I add a NICE local park, but alas, the weather did not look pleasing for a little boys' 1 year old party. We relocated venues to the Ye Ole Plain City Lions Club. Aunt Aly and Grandma made his birthday cake, designed by moi. In other news I sliced my hand open when I was attempting to cut the rolls in half for the pulled pork sandwiches so I held a paper towel in my hand for a good portion of the night until it became so saturated with blood I finally caved in and went home and dermabonded my wound shut. Then I remembered that I didn't remember ice cream, thank heavens for Aunt Vurlia and Grandma Great who came to the rescue so I didn't appear to be a lame spacey headed mom.
Birthday present opening started innocently enough and Brody was enjoying receiving his many many gifts from very generous family members and friends. Lots of trucks, tractors, play power equipment, clothes, diapers, wipes etc...
Then it turned really really quickly into tears, screaming, whailing, crying ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Present, but mainly, kids overload. He had lots of good helpers with present opening.
Sideways view picture of him enjoying his first real sugar. Chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. Yumsy.
The proud Mama and Papa. We are truly so blessed to have Brody. He is a delight in our lives. We don't deserve him, he is such a sweet spirit to have in our home. We are so greatful for him and the opportunity we have to raise him. I never knew I could love someone so much.
6 comments:
Man, the Lion's Club, eh? You sure do go all out when it's party time! Will you plan my b-day party? It's in december...
Happy Birthday to Brody. There is so much going on at those 1st birthday parties I can see how he got a little overloaded (I think that I am usually the one feeling overloaded).
He is such a handsome little guy I hope he enjoys all his presents.
Oh well that is just priceless, I can't believe it has been a year!!! He is SO beautiful Jess!
Happy Birthday Brody! It goes by so fast huh? Ave turns 1 next month. It's so sad. He is so gorgeous, seriously, we should line our kids up when they get older..ha! I'm glad you guys had a good day with him.
Wow! That happened fast, didn't it? They grow waaayyy too fast! Awesome job on the cake! You're such a good mom! Happy Birthday Brody!
Awh, I'm so sad I missed it! Looks like you guys had fun though. My mom was SOO happy about the kisses, she couldn't believe your little boy.
Post a Comment