I have lost the baby weight thanks to an ancient diet secret. Are you ready? Shhh don't tell anyone...Here it goes: "Eat Less, Move More." My move more exclusively consists of Yoga practice. I love it. It is addicting. It's practically like doing cocaine (I think...). My sister is WAY better than I am and she is the one who got me into it. I'm not much for the chanty, chime ringing, feeling mother earth beneath your feet types of yoga but an active, power, flow yoga. We go to the Sportsplex in Kaysville. Our instructors are amazing. These are my favorite poses.

The Chaturanga Dandasana. This is part of your sun salutations and you do like 15 or so of these a class. When I first started I had to do them from my knees but now I can hover for awhile without touching the ground.

The head stand. Classic. Love it. As long as I double my mat I really don't even need to use the wall to support myself and legs when going up. When I started yoga the only thing I could do with this pose is laugh and snicker at others in the room while they did the pose.

Shoulder stand. For some reason when you keep your neck in a neutral position this feels awesome on your back. I feel like I'm 6 feet tall in this pose.

I put the King Pigeon on because I can't do it yet. Alyson, my sister, amazing. The teacher every class comments about how well she can do this pose. I'm almost there with one arm supporting, not both, and definetely not my head with it.

This one, I don't even know what it's called, but I find that I don't look as good as the girl in the picture when I do it. You also won't find me wearing a red bikini to yoga class either. This pose is iffy week to week if I can hold it or not. If I've worked a 12 hour shift that day and then go to class, absolutely not.

Another favorite. Love standing arm balances. I did this one last night and held it for like 30 seconds. I felt strong. Thank you very much.

The scorpion. Aly and I attempt this every week. She can hit it about 90% of the time. I'm about 60%. I have to use the mirror/wall to help me balance. It is a beautiful pose if you can get it. I think I've only had one minor seizure trying to accomplish this pose.

Although I consider myself a pretty seasoned yoga participant. I still think sometimes I look like this.
3 comments:
I always wear a bikini when I do yoga, I'm not sure why you don't! HAHA. Way to find something that you like and way to lose that baby weight!
You look great!!
Those poses scare me Jessica! I have done Yoga classes but mine were nothing like that...
after scarfing down a half a container of brownie batter ben and jerrys i'm pretty sure i realllllly want to be able to do this too. way to go jessica!!! you look great!
Post a Comment