Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Old News...You Already Know


Blake turned 31 or 33 or 37...who's counting and we had an awesome time celebrating. We celebrated over a week. First of all, tried out the new Sushi Ya all-you-can-eat sushi bar in Layton. Yumsy yumsy. We went on a Friday night and they were super busy but high quality good tasting sushi. Blake LOVED it. But not as much as this guy...
Ricco Suave here, na that's just our good friends Jake and Alayna. Jake is a sushi nut, it was almost as fun watching him talk about and eat the sushi as it was actually eating the sushi. Jake and Blake have been friends for as long as they have been alive, and coincidentally enough their birthdays are a few weeks apart. Blake aspires to be as committed as a hunter as Jake, not all of us can have our hunting victory stories published in Eastman's Bowhunting Magazine! =)
Blake loves fish, he always has. Before I moved into his home I made him ditch his huge massive fish tank and pond he had in the house. The man loves fish: eating it, touching it, snorkeling with it etc... so for his Birthday we went to the Living Planet Aquarium. First of all, prepare yourself for the world's longest commute. We might as well have driven to Wendover, it seemed super long. Second, it is still in a "developmental" stage, I would say. So don't have super high expectations. It was cool, we saw some awesome things. The penguins were active, the staff fed the octopus by hand while we were there, never seen that before, but other than that, not much else.
Brody did NOT want to touch the stingrays. Blake felt it was sort of anti-climatic to touch them when you've actually snorkeled with them in the middle of the Caribbean. Brody hopped up on this frog and licked all the e-coli, pink eye and RSV germs off of it.We then had some time to kill before our dinner reservation and Aunt Alyson getting off of work to pick up Brody, so we hung out at Temple Square. This is terrible, but neither Blake nor myself had been to Temple Square since our marriage almost 5 years ago. It was amazing to go back. The Spirit is so strong on the temple grounds. I kept telling Brody that he was supposed to marry Corrinne Hurd here someday, after his mission. I told him I would pay for it if he did.
Brody took this picture of us. Like I said, we've almost been married for 5 years. It has gone by in a blur. Blake is an amazing man. Daily I am in awe that I am lucky enough to be married to him. He and Brody are now best buds. I am overwhelmed thinking about the bond that they already share between each other. Blake has the biggest heart, he would give you the shirt off of his back. He is always serving others. He is a selfless person. I am humbled to be his wife.
We then went through the South Visitor's Center where it talks about how the temple was constructed and built. The Sister Missionaries wanted to kidnap Brody and then they challenged us to Baptism. No, but they were certainly fulfilling their callings and being persistent about missionary activation.

What kind of parent puts their kid in the dryer anyways so they can have the photo op?


4 comments:

HDVB said...

I love your little family! Great pictures! Happy Birthday Blake! And that Brody - oh man - SO CUTE! :) love you!

Jake and Alayna said...

Jessica, you seriously crack me up! I love the way you word things, it puts a smile on my face! That dinner was fun, thanks for going with us. Thanks for letting me tag along to yoga the other night, I loved it!

Westergard Family said...

love it!!! glad to hear about the sushi too...ya never know about these places sometimes. :)

Stephanie said...

I love that picture of you and Blake, and Happy Birthday to him.

I am telling ya that Brody and Corinne already have an amazing connection ;)(you know, it is so easy to see these things at just over a year of age)...it's bound to happen- he he.

Blake really is SUCH a good guy, but he is also soo lucky to have you.