Friday, June 18, 2010
My Own Bachelorette
Our 5th Anniversary was fast approaching. We had planned a cruise, we decided not to go. Not really smart to loose a chunk of your savings account when you have just started your own business. I was bummed, okay disappointed, but really I was mad and frustrated that we weren't going anywhere. Blake and I were joking that we were going to celebrate by buying a garden hose. Then...Blake surprised me and whisked me off to Jackson Hole! Totally planned it himself. I was shocked. I asked him if he would buy me a red rose and then say, "Jessica will you accept this rose?" and then I would answer, "Of course I will!" Then he told me that he loved me but when I made comments like that he felt like he was married to a 14 year old girl.
We stayed at the Teton Mountain Lodge Resort and Spa. It reminded me a lot of The Canyons resort in Park City where you walk out the entrance and the ski lift is in the parking lot. It was beautiful. It was the nicest hotel that we had ever stayed in.
This was the bath tub/shower. We made good use of it =), oh was that TMI?!?
The Happy? Couple. 5 years, two college degrees, 1 child, approximately 3.4 yards in stretch marks, 3 trucks, 5 dogs, 4 snowmobiles, 3 4-wheelers, 2 cruises, 70 lbs gained and lost (between the two of us), 6+ Church Callings, and only threatened divorce 3 times!

We went to this grill/bar in Jackson Hole called "Billy's Grill." They make an insane amount of hamburgers to order, we hardly talked to each other, we were mesmerized by the head-shaven, tattoo armed/leg burger flipper who I think could have a future career at Tepanyaki.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
awww how sweet ;) what a great trip and yes, TMI!! lol p.s. my friend sent me a link of something I thought you would enjoy....there is this girl who blogs while she watches the bachelorette and I pretty much died when I read her blog: here's the link! http://mormoninmanhattan.blogspot.com/
for the record, I like yours more, but still thought you might like reading what she says :)
What a great guy! I love surprises, and that sounds really fun.
Congratulations! Sounds like you guys had a fun time together. It is always so nice to get away from everything. Good Job Blake!
Happy 5 years! We have eaten at Billy's Grill. Somehow when ever we talk about past trips to JH Billy's comes up. We also like eating at The Merry Piglets, it's a mexican restaurant there in town.
3.4 yards of stretch marks? Did you really measure?? :)
Oh my gosh you make me laugh! Congrats by the way! I'm jealous of that tub! I would have made good use of it as well! You're paying good money for it right??
Aawww... what a cutie you have for a hubby. Who would expect a Jackson getaway?? He should be happy you act 14 now!! When he's 60 he'll get to feel like he's still married to a 30 year old!
ha ha remember when he told you your pants looked like the pants of an 18 year old? i thought that was hilarious. glad you had fun :)
Lucky girl, Jackson is my all time Favorite! Happy Anniversary! It's always nice to get away for a bit.
Happy belated anniversary! Glad you were able to get away- you guys deserve it!
Happy Anniversary! Sounds fun and it is sweet he planned it on is own!
Post a Comment