Friday, July 23, 2010

Yes, This Did Happen May 22


Where have I been? I tell you EXACTLY where I have been. Working full-time, being a fairly good mommy, mediocre wife, semi-effective primary leader, not quite Martha Stewart housekeeper, almost a gardner, a grateful that ARISE is finished music chairperson, and NOT blogging. I am in the middle of a week off from work and finally feel like I am catching up on my life. Hence, the post about what happened May 22.
Brody loves loves loves Shrek. Its at times a conflict in our mother/son relationship because sometimes he spends more time with Shrek than me, and I feel guilty that I let him spend more time with Shrek than me. He has almost destroyed his Shrek 2 DVD to the point where certain scenes won't play. He can identify every main character and verbalize their names to me. So when "Shrek: The Final Chapter" came out, I knew this would be the best opportunity for me to take him to a movie for the first time.
He did super good. I was pleased. Loved the popcorn, loved the big screen. I was grateful he wasn't a little bit older because I think he would've been scared BUT...We made it through the whole movie! We will definetely be purchasing this for him, can you say "Christmas Present?!?"

3 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

Wow. Impressive that he sat through the whole thing. Sounds like your little man enjoyed his little date to the movies with you.

HDVB said...

Cute!

Jenilyn said...

Oh man I bet you are sooo happy that arise is over. I'm jealous that you have a life beyond blogging (sometimes I don't).