
That's right folks, I have decided that I am personally moving to Corpus Christi Texas because that is where this lady is moving too! This is Dr. Lochner my OB/GYN. She is amazing. I started to go to her when I was in High School and I have seen her at least yearly since then. I found it she was moving in May and have been totally bummed ever since.
I began going to her before I was an RN and worked on OB/GYN and was a little nervous to get to see her "in action" so to say when I got my job. She didn't disappoint. I trust her implicitly. Everytime I look at my belly I thank Dr. Lochner for helping me to not become a c-section. She stayed with me the entire time I pushed, that's right, 2.5 hours she stayed by my side and did not leave the room. I will always have a special place in my heart for her.
I have decided now that my options are to either 1. Have no more children, 2. Birth my children at home by myself (maybe just tie myself to a post in the backyard), or 3. Find a new provider. This is again the Catch 22. I work with all of them. Seriously, all providers in the greater Weber region and I really don't want to go to any of them. It's not that they're terrible physicians, it's just that with each MD I have an attached situation and memory of something that we have gone through together, a bad delivery, a terrible vacuum extraction head, an inappropriate behavior situation and I don't know who to go to. Hence where you come in...
I know these providers from a medical standpoint but I'm asking for your help from a patient standpoint. What OB/GYN do you go to and why?
If I don't get to many comments, I think I'm just going to settle for option #2.
7 comments:
I am going to say go with option #2. I would like to drive by and see that:)
I could cut and copy your post straight over to my blog! I am SO upset that she's leaving, too!!! And right when I got preggo again, too!!!! I'm going to her right up until she leaves, and then I think I'm going to Dr. Seale. I've got a few friends that go to him and love him from a patient standpoint. (The only doc I REFUSE to go to is Johannson -- is that bad to say?!)
You know I go to her also, She has delivered all my kiddos! She leaves 7 weeks before I deliver! I tell her every appt how mad I am. I have chosen Dr. Seale, but I won't start going to him until she leaves. Good luck!!! Don't do number 1 you make beautiful babies!!!!
Such a difficult decision especially because we work with all of them. I went with a midwife just because i like to go natural with my kiddos and felt like I would get better support in that decision with a midwife.I see Machel, I have known her since I was 5 though. I like Karen McBride also. We can all dish up good and bad things on all the MDs and CNM's. You just have to decide what kind of care you want and decide who can give that to you the best.
#2 option could be interesting though. I would come and talk you through it!
My sis in comes go to the mid-wives at col and they LOVE them, they give you lots of one on one, if you like that then they would be a good choice, I see julia johanson, but she is definatly the type that is in and out, quick, you have to be quick with your questions. You either love her or hate her. I went into labor with avery 2 weeks early and she was out of town so dr. nesbeit delivered me, i've heard nothing but bad stories about him but he was fabulous! But jeremy is also his personal trainer so maybe thats why;) I'm thinking about switching to him permanently tho, just because I liked the one on one he gave me, julia is not like that.
good luck!
That is hilarious, oh sorry, and so sad as well. When you trust someone with such personal details and moments it is not just an easy thing to get up and move on...it's worse than a break-up! Good Luck, that's a big decision, but please just look for another provider.
Sorry hun, I have no comment.
Post a Comment