Don't you just want to bite that face off? Oh, how I love this little guy. He is my little buddy, my Brodster. I've been sick the last couple days, yesterday was really bad. As a matter of fact I couldn't even talk I was so weak, have you ever felt that way? I lost like 8 pounds in a matter of 36 hours. Nasty. I think I'm lactose intolerant, or as Blake says, "just a lightweight". Anyway, fact of the matter is, he has been so patient with me. I layed on the ground most of yesterday cycling from room to room with my pillow and blankie as we sort of read stories, sort of played legos, sort of stacked blocks. We watched 2 movies and napped for a good portion of the day. He was so patient with his invalid mother.He is growing into quite the young man. He is 90% for his height and Dr. Church thinks he will be between 6'3" and 6'5" depending on how tall he is at 2 1/2. He is still 50% for weight and 75% for head circumference. We are backing off a lot on the signing. I hate for him to lose this skill but the more we DON'T sign, the more verbal he is. He can count to 10, sometimes 15, he does his ABC's with help. He will tell you his name is 'Brody Joseph Hall'. But Hall sounds like "HAUL". Very cute. He can have a dry diaper all day if I take him to the toilet every 2 hours (peeing and pooping) but there is no initiative yet for him to do it by himself. He helps me with the laundry, the vaccuming, yard work, and of course, getting the mail. His favorite shows are Cars and Jungle Book, because of the elephants. We have piano practice every day and his favorite songs to sing are "Popcorn Popping" (with all the actions) and "Book of Mormon Stories", to which he maintains a drum beat for me while I play it. He loves mandarin oranges, anything with noodles it in, bread, and cheese. If you want the kid to eat something, put just shredded cheese on the top of it and it's a go.
My life would not be complete without him. Don't get the impression that it's sunshine and lollipops all the time because there are times I could really just light him on fire, but loving him is so different than anything else I have loved. It is so much deeper.
2 comments:
He is a handsome little guy for sure. Love that picture of him. I chuckled a little bit when you said he was still in the 50% for weight. My little guy is STILL in the 1% for weight after gaining 1.5lbs over the last 3 months.
It is amazing how much you can love your little ones. It is a different kind of love than anything else.
Hope you feel better soon. Being sick is no fun.
Gosh I miss that stink bug, I mean puppy dog! Sorry you were sicky...NO FUN!
Post a Comment