

This show absolutely terrifies me, but I can't NOT watch it. There is something so fascinating about human behavior. I see it all the time at my job, but to actually study and follow it is amazing. Since I'm a super-lamo the only time I ever watch the show is re-runs on ION television, yes that's channel 16-1 for you local Utahns. Let me add that it comes on at 9 and 10 o'clock PM, so your watching a show about sexual sadists, pedophiles, rapists and serial killers in the dark. I am so much more alert to watching people now and being cautious about Brody thanks to this show. We actually have 2 pedophiles that live within our ward boundaries and I will tell you that I am mama Primary bear on Sunday. In fact, a few Sundays ago I was accompaining a little boy to the bathroom when shortly after he went in one of our pedophiles went into the bathroom after him. I busted in the door and sternly told the little boy that we are "LEAVING NOW".
I tell you this not to pat myself on the back about being cautious but to relate this story. Brody and I went out to lunch at a local restaurant. The restaurant was crowded and I was people watching in between wrestling Brody. There was a gentleman sitting in the far corner booth who was staring at a picture in a large picture frame. He was wearing slippers, sweatpants, had a scruffy beard and a baseball cap. He was looking at this picture and then would scan his eyes around the room. So naturally I keep watching him with my mama bear eagle eyes thinking that maybe he is looking for his next "victim", maybe someone that resembles the person in the picture. Of course, I had to walk by him to see what the picture looked like as we were leaving. I get Brody and put him on my hip farthest away from the gentleman and get my car keys ready in my hands, just in case he decides to follow us out to the car. I walk by and lo and behold...not a picture. It's a kindle. He has been reading a kindle that is in a cover holder that has a picture frame stand on it. Maybe I have been watching Criminal Minds just a little too much.
1 comment:
Ha! We have the same sickness. I watch that and SVU all the time! In fact I watched an episode of CM the other night about a boy in grade school killing other kids in the woods with a bat! Then one last night where some doctor was killing people based on their phobias! Sick sick show!!
Post a Comment