- Mother of the Year, Jessica Hall, yet again takes home the prize. This time for ripping her son's elbow out of the socket at the store. He didn't want to leave, I was holding his hand, we took a few steps, he dropped to the ground. Yank and pop! After a hour and a half wait at the MDs, he popped it back into place. All is well. The DCFS flag was taken off the chart.
- The hubbster (who I am affectionately calling right now "water buffalo"), sided the house. Instead of being "the crappy paint chipping white house on the corner", we are the "color of coffee with two creamers house." My neighbor told me we are no longer the dumpy house of the neighborhood. Frownsmile.
- I continue to slave away two days a week at the hospital. I joke because I really really love my job. No seriously. I really do. I think I work on the best unit. Who wants to deal with fat old men with heart conditions hacking up lungs and coughing all over the place when you can be apart of a miracle every day you work?!? Seriously. Love it.
- Brodster continues to potty train. We have good days and bad. We have mastered sitting on the potty peeing. We are cautiously learning to stand up and pee. We are about 50% of going poop on the toilet. It is a struggle. Not going to lie. I learned in nursing school that how you potty train your child can affect them for the rest of their life, especially how they few sex. So, I'm not pushing anything. I haven't yelled. We are using a sticker chart and it seems to motivate him. It does get really old washing out poopy shorties, THANK HEAVEN FOR ZOUT! I have a new appreciation for my Grandmothers for using cloth diapers.
- Blake continues to pound the pavement, trolling for jobs. Little projects here and there but nothing large, yet. He just started using ServiceMagicPros.com and has gotten quite few leads, we will see where it takes him. Otherwise he is being a good sport watching the Brodster while I work.
- My guilty pleasure: The Bachelor. Okay. I know it's smutty and there is NOTHING redeeming about watching it, but that is why I can't not look! For one thing, the guy is gorgeous. I really don't need to say more. I have loved the raunchy kissing, the "oh my its raining, I need to take off my clothes and wear your shirt". Loved the mall shopping spree in Vegas. Let's be honest...there is not one girl out there that wouldn't LOVE that. I think that Chauntel, the rich spoiled daddy's girl is going to take home the man prize. Emily, or Miss America as I like to call her is going to be the runner-up. Cue sad face. I hope she is the next Bachelorette.
- Brody is really retaining what I am teaching him in fun school. It is so warming when he will point out letters and tell me what they are and what sounds they make. He knows how to spell B-R-O-D-Y. He tells you his name is Brody Hall. He knows A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, K, L, O, P, Q, R, S, T, W (which he says "dubba-view), Y. He can almost write out his name, with just a little help. Grandma Cook would be so proud of me.
- We continue to dream about our next vacation, our next anniversary, our next birthday. Blake and I will fall asleep at night naming things that we would buy if we won the Powerball. Top of his list is building himself that danged shed he wants in the backyard. To me it's just one more piece of crap yard ornament that would be out there. I will sometimes close my eyes and picture laying on the warm beaches of Hawaii or Grand Cayman. Oh, to dream.
To not waiting two months in between blog posts!
5 comments:
How am I supposed to keep up with the Hall's if u don't blog regularly?? Glad you're back! I'm just as stumped and frustrated with potty traing too. Avery is a slow poke, and won't comprehend it. One week she is dry, the next she's not. It's a mystery. I'm surprised she's still alive.
U R awesome! That's all I've got to say!
I freakin' love you! Love your blog posts, you make me smile:) Nobody can word things the way you can:) I have to admit, I'm a Bachelor addict as well. I think you've got it figured out- Chauntel and Emily, with Chauntel being the last one.
I think you're doing amazing with Brody and potty training! Dalton and Gunnar were both closer to 3 by the time they figured it out.
Your house looks amazing! Blake's done an awesome job!
love the post! sorry about brody's arm, hope he's feeling better. not a reflection of motherhood...just how extremely fussy kids can get in public. :)
Okay, new rule - you must post more often - I love reading whatever is on your mind and especially love pics of the brodster ;) love you!
Post a Comment