Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life Without A Big Blue Cast...Priceless

We were super blessed last Wednesday when Brody was able to get his cast off. They took 3 x-rays and decided that it looked healed enough he didn't need the cast. I looked at the films and I am amazed at how good his arm looked. All the little pieces of bone that were just floating there around his elbow appeared to have disappeared and you could see the bone had almost grown back. Brody's second mom went down with us and offered support, mainly so she could get a free lunch out of me. =) The tech who removed the cast asked if we wanted to keep it...I thought short and soft about it and decided we didn't need to keep as a momento the moldly, vomit stained, applesauce/pudding/ravioli/ketchup/apple juice cast for his hope chest. May it hopefully be sitting in a landfill or burned.Brody loves to help out in the kitchen. Papa and Brody made Brownies. Brody ate a lot of the batter. He's a little candy monkey. Anything chocolate he will cram into his pockets or his mouth as quickly as he can. That's why he really loves Aunt Aly. She is a good supplier.


We went wedding dress shopping this weekend for my sister. Finding a beautiful dress is REALLY important to her, and I'm trying to be REALLY supportive. I am not happy she is getting married, not because I don't like the guy she is marrying. Just the fact that she is going to be moving 5000 miles away to Scotland, forever. She is getting married in the temple but the style and material of dresses she likes do not normally come with sleeves, so we try them on and then pretend and invision what it will look like with sleeves. Both my sister and I have loud and sometimes obnoxious personalities and so we were getting a lot of stares at the shops we went to. Still haven't found one that she has fallen in love with though. We'll keep looking.

5 comments:

HDVB said...

Yeah! The cast is gone!! Whoo Hoo! - I as well hope for you that is sitting in a landfill - good choice ;)

What a great supportive sister you are to go dress shopping with Aly...I SO BADLY wish I could be one of the strangers listening to the conversation about the dresses - or better yet - adding my own opinion :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Ty and Ber said...

Hip Hip Hooray for no more cast. Although by the looks of his face in the first pic I'm not sure little Brody is so stoked.

Les said...

I'm so glad your little Brody is out of his cast. And that everyone is SO much happier. Hey...have you or Aly heard of Petals and Promises? It's a Bridal Shop on Main Street in Logan and I've never been there, but heard they have some really awesome, kind of different styles. Might fit Aly's taste?
Also...could you email me? I am going to try and put together an extended Bean family finder and need your help with your fam's info. I'll email you back on the details. juddhaus@hotmail.com

Les said...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hTZ2nFHo06s/Sl9MDaVT8lI/AAAAAAAAAbs/IOGTto2Ctrg/s1600-h/bridal+collage.jpg

This link is a picture of a dress from P&P that my friend found...I really have no idea what Al's style is but...it's different anyway.

Jake and Alayna said...

Yay! So glad that Brody's arm is all better! What a little miracle:)