Thursday, September 2, 2010

Because we had this, we got this...

Even uploading the picture of this violent, foul, disgusting creature gave me the heebee jeebees. We have had not one, not two, not three, but four mice in our house in the last two weeks or so. Absolutely gross. There were a few instances that we won't go into detail about, maybe a 10:00 p.m. phone call to a neighbor that lives a mile and a half away to come down and exterminate the mouse that I saw while Blake was gone hunting. Maybe there were a few overreactions that caused my son to whail and cry when he saw mommy whailing and crying. Maybe there was a dry heaving episode. Maybe DCFS will be contacted because someone full on hit their husband out of anger...who knows?!? All those "hypothetical" situations aside I finally caved in and Blake came home with this...
His or Her name is Charlie. I really can't tell if it's a boy or a girl. I tried blowing through the fur and I'm still not sure. He/She has yet to catch anything but he/she is very aggressive and will tackle anything moving. I'm holding out we got a good mouser. I don't want to go on anxiety medication and that's the next step.

5 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

If only they stayed as cute as they are when they are kittens. Hopefully it will help with your little mouse problem.

Braden and Annie said...

Jessica!! I am not even kidding, I have been planning this EXACT post with even the title 'because of this, we now have this!' I guess you beat me to it, but I feel your pain! I absolutely hate cats, but I hate mice worse! So good luck to you with your new hunter!

Fox said...

Your a true Cat women, Your last two post had cats on them... I'm going to get you a cat sweater!

Fox said...

I just want you to know I'm a big believer in karma... I read your post, made a rude comment, and then dreamed about mice in my house all night long. I was chasing, trapping, and poisoning the entire It was awful. I woke up exhausted.

HDVB said...

Charlie...what a perfect he/she name :) I think he/she is a cutie! Hopefully he/she catches all those mice! eek!