Friday, September 3, 2010

It's Nice to Have Rich Friends

One of my best friends at work, and yes she is a best friend, is Emily. Emily is simply amazing. I love working with Emily. She inspires me to be a better person, in fact, she is the driving force behind my goal to swear less at work. She helps me stay on the straight and narrow and she is an incredible woman. I admire her so much. Her family owns "Fred's Marine" in Layton. She has been boating all her life and agreed to take Brody and me out boating the day before she left to go to Africa on a humanitarian mission with Mothers Without Borders...again...she is amazing. We had to "settle" for the $60,000 Tige (pronounced tie-ga, I learned) demo boat. I felt unworthy to ride in it. It was like I was in a Kid Rock video. We would've been if you replaced the three kids on board with size 0 models with DD breasts in skimpy bikinis, and the sippy cups with Corona. Brooke, Emily's sister-in-law let Brody drive the boat all by himself. He loved it. He thought it was great that he could turn the wheel and immediately feel a reaction. BTW, we went to Pineview and it was TOTALLY empty. So all you out their judging Brooke and I for letting him drive the boat...get over it. Emily loves to surf, which is like wakeboarding I'm told, but you don't go behind the wake, there are no bindings, and after you get going you just sit their and ride the wake. Pretty cool. She was very good.Brody saw Emily do it and so he wanted to try. All the kiddos. We had an awesome time and I was actually surprised at how safe a boat could be with children. Brody and the girls were very well behaved and my blood pressure only skyrocketed once.

2 comments:

HDVB said...

Oh how I LOVE boating...what a fun trip! I'm glad you let Brody drive - start 'em young! :)

Love you!

Stephanie said...

Sweet ride! (I learned that from my boys) I'm really not as hip as I pretend to be.

That looks like so much fun! I am jealous, I didn't make it out even once this year.

About that previous post...you should have had a warning listed before you allowed just anyone to be revolted by the mouse picture! Four mice! I am sooo sorry.