Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Life Would Never Be the Same





Two years ago my life changed forever. Myself as I knew her was gone, my identity changed. I became a mother. Two years ago I gave up apart of me and gained another. Two years ago I was transformed by a little man with brown eyes. I remember 2 a.m. feedings, rocking him until we were both asleep, hurting both physically and emotionally, crying with him, snuggling sessions on my chest, diapers so large you needed a sanitation crew, high highs, low lows. I would never be the same. Brody is a chosen spirit. I know he was saved to be my boy. As I am writing this the tears cannot be held back. In the last two years I have come to realize and embrace the person I am. I am a mother. Happy Birthday Brodster!

5 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

It's crazy how fast it all goes by huh?! Happy birthday to your little man. Hope he has a great day.

The White's said...

Happy Birthday BIG boy!!!

mckenzie hansen said...

You are such a great mom! Happy Birthday, Brody!!!!!

Brittney said...

Hey Jessica! Saw your blog and wanted to say. Your child is adorable!!! Hope all is well!

Debbie said...

LOVE this Jessica. Made me cry too. You are awesome!!! He is darling and obviously you have been an amazing mom to him and wife to Blake. HUGS from Beuses