Thursday, March 5, 2009

Excuse me, what's going on?!?

Hey come on, I do have a life besides blogging! I have been super busy being super mom lately. Let me be honest here...I actually feel like I am almost myself again after having Brody. Hey, it only took 6 months. I am within 10 pounds of my pre-prego weight, I am piling on the bronzer, Brody is getting settled into a loose routine and I am happier! We are just hitting midterms at WSU and so I am spending WAY to much time at the computer each night after Brody goes to bed. My last two Saturdays, and this next Saturday, have/will been spent doing CERT training for my Disaster Nursing class. I am trying to construct a replica of the Price is Right Punch-A-Bunch Board. I am trying to master two songs as the ward choir pianist (pee-ann-ist hehehe). Decide on what our OB/GYN monthly out of work unit activites are going to be and post pot-luck assignments at the hospital (I am the head of the party planning committee). Keep Blake happy by having clean garments in his drawers, clean floors to walk on, clean toilet to sit on, and a homemade Grandma Hall rival dinner each night. Putting together pictures and phrases to teach the new song the Primary is learning this month, "My Eternal Family." Drawing up and designing possible logos for RB Hall Construction. Assembling and completing our family 72 hour kit, including Brody's backpack. Working on compiling Brody's baby book and pictures, writing development/reflections in his book.

But most of all....I am now enjoying being a mother. Everyday I give thanks that I am so blessed I get to be a stay at home mom. For some, it doesn't work. But for me, it does now. Tonight I got Brody laughing so hard by just jumping and kicking my legs in the air and snorting at the same time. He laughed for almost 5 minutes straight. I was in tears of joy for most of it. My life is amazing. Never did I think that at 23 I would be married for 4 years (almost), have a little son, and be living in my own home. Simply amazing. What more could a girl ask for?

2 comments:

HDVB said...

I'm so happy for you! You are an incredibly talented woman Jess, that's for sure, way to juggle all of those things!
PS: I would have loved to see you snorting/kicking/jumping all at the same time! Brody is lucky to have such an adorable mom!

The Ballard's said...

happy Happy Day! That is wonderful:)