Monday, May 11, 2009
Ladies Love Country Boys
This weekend we headed up to the Dimond D Ranch in Jerome, Idaho for some good ole fashioned branding, castrating and inoculating. My aunt has about 50 head of cattle and had 23 new caves born this Spring. It is a tradition to go up North and help her rastle the cows. Let me clarify, I do not help with the cows though. I have a mortal fear of large animals and I wouldn't even go open/close the gate when Blake and I were riding the truck because the cows were too close. But if someone ever asks me, "do you know how to brand a cow" I can say, "yes, yes I do." This year was nice though because my dad, who is Scoutmaster, coerced his scouts into thinking there was a "branding and cowmanship" merit badge and so 6 scouts really did all the work while we all stood there and supervised. Let me say though, my brother Nate is a freakin' trooper. Holy cow, that kid is tough. I was so proud of him and how he stepped in and got dirty. My cousins are so cute and wanted to help out. Frankly, it was just a joy to be with my family. 


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment