Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Yes, It Would Be Easier To Go To A Lot

Not wanting to ever brake Hall tradition we loaded up the 4-wheelers, the saw, and a case of hand-warmers and set out Christmas tree hunting. Every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving Blake drags me on a death march, on most occasions across canyons and up 30% grades looking for the perfect Christmas tree. This year though, we went to a different area up the canyon and found 2 of the most beautiful Christmas trees. Only once did I complain about the cold to which Blake replied, "It's all part of the experience Rus."
In years past we have scraped the crud out of one of the sides of the Christmas trees by dragging them back down the mountain, so this year, we wised up and straped it to the front of the 4-wheeler and stratigically positioned the other tree on a sled. Worked much better, I won't have to hide one side of the tree this year.
Blake always cuts down one tree, and I cut down the other. Thanks to Yoga and lifting my child I was able to cut down the tree quickly. Blake even commented on my "Yoga Master" muscles. (And the fact that the tree was really only like 4 inches around made it pretty easy.)

All that is missing is the beam of light from the heavens and the clouds parting signifying that the tree was meant to be cut down.

3 comments:

sarah and jeremy said...

Oh Dear, you are braver than me but what a fun tradition. You two are so cute, you must have a lot of fun times together. Your little one will love hearing the stories growing up!

Ty and Ber said...

What a fun tradition. I think that sounds like a blast.

HDVB said...

That's a great tradition! I'm impressed those yoga muscles Jess! You're one hot tree cutting mama!