Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Man...

This picture was from our anniversary trip 2007 to Disneyland, hence the donkey ears. I was tagged by Alayna with a husband tag, and since right now he is definately the most neglected person in the house, I need to pay a little tribute to him.

1 )Where did you meet? We were set up on a blind date by Blake's cousin's wife who I worked with at the hospital and was a friend of mine. First date he showed up to my parents house driving a truck, sporting a goatee, talking about these two new hound dogs he had just gotten. I was thinking...this date can't end soon enough. I was texting other people all during our dinner at Ruby River, making plans for doing something after he dropped me off at home. I thought I would never see him again, and then when he said goodbye to me on the doorstep he asked me out on a second date to some Halloween party his friends do every year. He snaked me in.

2) How long did you date before you got married? Our first date was the week before Halloween, we were engaged on January 27, and married June 9.

3) How long have you been married? 3 Blissful Years.

4) What is your favorite feature of his? First his smile, second his arm and shoulder muscles.

5) What is your favorite quality of his? Blake is someone who would do anything for you. He is very willing to serve and give of himself to others (sometimes a little too much).

6) Does he have a nickname for you? He calls me sweetums, which I'm still not quite sure how it got started. My favorite nickname for him is Sugar Plum Fairy (which I kind of got out of the habit of calling him but I think it's going to make comeback).

7) What is his favorite food? Anything Grandma Hall makes. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He says the only thing I make better than Grandma Hall is my waffles. I think it's going to take her dying for me to replace her as head chef.

8) What is his favorite sport? Snowmobiling and Killin' Stuff.

9) When and where was your first kiss? Our first kiss was on our second date. After the Halloween party he asked me if I wanted to come over to his house (side note...He's 28 years old, I'm 18, he wants to "take me to his house", I was nervous) He slipped me the smooch on his couch in his house after my first Halloween party with the friends. His canteen was definately running low.

11) Do you have any children? 1

12) Does he have a hidden talent? I don't know how hidden it is anymore, but he is a great cook. He loves to smoke meat on his ridiculously large redneck smoker, grill, dutch oven, and he wants to start his own smoked meat catering business (lucky me).

13) How old is he? 31

14) Who said "I love you" first? He did, because I refused to say it first. We were sitting on the couch in my parents basement and it was around my birthday, the first week of December.

15) What is his favorite type of music? Anything old from the 1990s that I have never heard of.

16) What do you admire the most about him? I admire about Blake that he is such a hard worker. He is one that cannot just sit around, he has to be doing something. He putters out in his sheds, the yard, other peoples yards, fixing and working on things. He will always have some project he is working on.

17) Do you think he will read this? Are you kidding? No.

No comments: