Brody was a cute chicken for Halloween. He did not like the chicken head, but tolerated the costume because I made him.
Brody's blessing was on Sunday. It was awesome. I can't even describe in words what I felt that day. Blake was uber nervous about the blessing and was sick that morning. Brody and I went and set up the Lion's club for the luncheon afterwards and left Blake to have some time alone. I think that did he a lot of good. The blessing was amazing. Brody was awake and had his binky in until about 10 seconds before Blake stood up. I was nervous he was going to scream all the way through the blessing, but he didn't. He was a very good boy. Blake says he earned a pig. I can't believe how many family members came and supported us. We are so blessed! Huge thanks to everyone who helped, brought food, or just gave emotional support.
That night, Blake actually took Brody, by himself, to Grandma Hall's for a little visit. This is the first time Blake has taken him alone, which meant that I got to sit in the bed and watch Sunday night football/Amazing Race in peace and quiet by myself. It was magical.
2 comments:
YOur optimism even came out in your writing! It was fun to visit on Friday. I am glad your blessing went well, so goo to have that over with.
Im glad that the blessing was nice! I have to remind myself about optimism all the time, so call me when you remember to remind me to be optimistic
Post a Comment