Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mommy...you are crazy!


This morning I got a break from Mommyville-I guess, I went to school for 7 freakin hours. I am WAY super lucky because of my 15 credits that I'm taking this semester, 7 are online, and when I have to go up to campus it is only about every 3rd Wednesday. I was running a little late to begin with this morning, and when I went to change Brody to make sure he had a clean diaper from the night he, of course, peed all over. All over himself, all across his face, his hair, his clothes, his stomach, the wall, the changing pad, etc...and I thought I could just mop it up, wipe him down with a baby wipe and call it good. Well, as I was trying to get another diaper, he again peed everywhere in the exact same places as before, and this time all over my shirt, down to my Gs. So I ran him into the tub, gave him a quick mama bath, got him settled down and fed just before my mom came. Hair up, I think some mascara on, I ran to the car and up to campus. Of course it was raining, and due to the EXTREMELY inadequate parking at Weber I trekked my way across campus in the downpour. I got to class and sat down just as the teacher walked in. My good friend who was sitting next to me (BTW Congrats DeAnn on the engagement!!) pulled a sucker that was partway stuck onto my shirt off of me, how it got there I don't know. I'm think Blake left it in one of his pockets and in the dryer must have stuck it on. Anywho, I felt stupid, made some joke about me now being a mom and how I was just lucky I showed up to class and shrugged it off...until...I go to the bathroom in between breaks, look at myself in the mirror, and lo and behold, the hanger soft plastic protective cover thingy is still in my shirt. Bright red. The same friend that identified the sucker for me told me later that she thought it was just my bra strap. Nope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to being a mom....it keeps getting crazier. You have to live and learn one day at a time.

The White's said...

O that was great to read! You are awesome, good luck with school. Next time save the sucker, anytime you have school for 7 hours you need a sucker.

Shane and Geana said...

Wow I hate to say this but that is the story of a moms life. Running and hurrying only to have a few, or more than a few, wrenches put in your way. Love to read it. Geana

Jake and Alayna said...

We wanted to tell you at dinner last night that we noticed baby puke all over the back of your shirt but didn't want Shane to get too excited, you know how he is with breast milk and all. J/K
Jake