Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Where to Start? Backtracking.

I'm a sucker for any three generation shot, and this one is extremely choice. Of course the time I choose to take said shot is right in the middle of the family singing, "Joy to the World" and Brody is quite puzzled that Great Grandpa is singing, or maybe it's because he's wearing seal pajamas. (It is a pajama party people!) This is my father dearest, my Grandpa Bean, and Brodster.

My handsome brothers, Nathan (14) and David (19). Can you tell we're sort of an interracial family? Our family theme song could be Michael Jackson's "Blake and White." I have darker skin, Nate is dark, David and my sister Aly are clear.

Dave's feasting on the shrimp appetizer and Blake is trying to force a shrimp appetizer on Brody.
My mom goes all out each year for Christmas Eve dinner. On the menu: Rare Who Roast Beast (Prime Rib), Salt encrusted potatoes, shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, homemade rolls (made by yours truly, Martha Freakin Hall Stewart), relish tray, green salad, cheesy veggies. I don't deserve it. Really I don't. Fantastic.

Brody had about enough of the festivities and entertained himself by pulling out and breaking 2 or so of Grandma's soup bowls. Of course I would rather be taking pictures of him breaking the soup bowls rather than reaching out and STOPPING him from breaking the soup bowls.

We were truly spoiled, yet again. Santa not only found our home in Plain City but found Grandma's in Fruit Heights. We asked for food storage stuff and boy, did the big guy deliver. Rice, toothpaste, toilet paper, juice, applesauce, baby lotion, baby body wash, shaving cream, soup, diapers, wipes, and too much more to list. And but of course, who can forget or leave out the candy bar wrapped in bubble wrap. Every year without fail. We are so blessed. Seriously.

I ended up working Christmas morning from 5am-11am so after we went straight to Grandmas. This mean that we got home around 4 or so, we hummed around and then finally around 6 or so we finally decided to open our own presents. Brody received the toolbench from Mama and Papa. He did love opening up the presents though, as soon as you got him a little corner to tear he went to town. He wanted to open up everybody's presents for them. Again, what a good little helper!
Brody's favorite part of the toolbench is the battery powered drill. It will drill the screws into or out of the toolbench and he loves to do that. He also loves to put it in his mouth and do it, or come over to me and do it into my kneecaps. Love you son! Blake spoiled me and bought me a brand new Nikon camera. It is way more than I can ever handle and has so many features I have no idea how to use it. You can tell though that my pictures are so much clearer and have a better resolution to them. Maybe the OWATC offers a camera course? Ha. Blake received among other stuff dates for a year. I was inspired by the prophet that you should continue to date your spouse after you get married, your all saying to yourself..."well duh Jessica!" Blake and I have not done much dating since Brody arrived so I went and got gift cards for all 12 months of the year and made cards to go with each of them corresponding to the months. Restaurants, movies, FatCats, Ice Skating, et al. Very spoiled, and again, seriously so blessed. (Thanks TAMNers!)

1 comment:

Jake and Alayna said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love that your parents still do the candy bar wrapped in bubble wrap! Isn't Brody at the funnest age! Christmas's with little one's are the best!