Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bad Bunny

Ok, so I know when Easter is, it was one of my favorite holidays growing up, I knew it was coming, yet something inside of me just figured it wasn't going to be that big of a deal. Come on, my baby is 7 months old. Does he really need a picture of him playing with a cracked plastic Easter egg next a basket. So honestly, I kind of blew it off. Thanks to the Grandma Easter bunny she got Brody new clothes and so I figured I was covered. Easter morning comes, Brody and Blake are playing on the floor in the living room and Blake says, "Brody wants you to go find your Easter basket." Blew it off. I was worrying about singing in Sacrament meeting and playing the piano for the ward choir in Sacrament meeting. Besides, Brody didn't really get me a basket. A couple of minutes later..."Mama, Brody wants you to find your Easter basket." Crap, I thought to myself, I think Blake's serious. So I humored him and acted like I was looking around the house for this said Easter basket. Didn't find anything. Went back to doing my hair. Again, "Mama, go find your Easter basket." So now I'm feeling bad. I've blown him off 3 times now, I start really searching. Finally after about 5+ minutes of searching I found my Easter basket under Brody's crib hidden between stacks of diapers. The Daddy Easter bunny had bought the Mommy Easter bunny two $25 gift cards for clothing stores that were shoved in a basket with chocolate that I wouldn't eat anyway, but the Daddy Bunny bought for himself. Now I'm feeling like a big fat frumpy inconsiderate Easter Bunny because the Mommy Easter bunny did nothing for the Daddy Easter bunny. Naughty naughty Mama Easter bunny! So I then made my Hunky Husband Easter bunny a bunny breakfast feast. I made thick cut peppered bacon, Great Harvest french toast, freshly squeezed orange juice, and two runny eggs (just the way the Daddy Easter bunny likes them). I brought it to him on a breakfast tray and he said, "this was the best Easter basket present you could've given me." The end. Morale of the story...if you are thoughtless and not considerate...just make your husband food and he will overlook it!

The Daddy Easter Bunny and the Baby Easter Bunny

1 comment:

Ty and Ber said...

Nice cover up! Most guys will take food over just about anything else. Sounds like a super tasty breakfast so I don't think his feelings were hurt.