Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Let's Just Call It His Birthday Present



I dug deep into the depths of my soul debating whether or not I should post this. It is with great sorrow that I announce Brody is speaking his first words. There is such distain in my heart for his first words...makes me so blasted mad.

Second, my honey celebrated his...dare I say it...32 birthday yesterday. I was so excited and got him what I thought were some really cool presents. Blake was so nonchalant and blah about every present, until he got to the bike helmet I bought for Brody and gave to Blake. Oh my gosh, he spent 10 minutes fiddling around with that stupid helmet and thinking it was sooooo cool. Disregard the steel-toe awesome workboots, the full body massage, the jerky, or even the fetchin bike trailer...it was the helmet that he liked the best. Oh well. We had previously gone out to dinner to Pats BBQ with our friends on Saturday night, so I grilled Blake up some Las Vegas Steaks from Don's Meats. Oh my gosh, you wanna taste somethin' come directly from heaven (what's that from?), eat a Las Vegas steak. We wrestled Brody all through dinner, like we do everynight, and spent the evening visiting with our visiting teacher who stopped by for an imprompto visit. Happy Birthday LoveMuffin, Sugar Plum Fairy, AngelBabe, HeartNugget, Sweetums, Cougar Killer, SledPorn Addict, Ooberlicious, Pitmaster, Fartsy, and the best title of all Daddy.

4 comments:

snow family said...

Those were Leighton's first words too. Blah. But just think... now when he's crying in the middle of the night and those are the only words he know's.... you can just tell blake "i guess he wants his dada" :)

sarah and jeremy said...

How sad:( I know, we stay home with them all flippin' day, they see OUR faces all the time and they STILL say daddy first. Well I chalk it up to it's just easier to pronounce the "d" then the "m". And the pics of him in the last post...ADORABLE!!

Ty and Ber said...

Whether you posted it or not it would still be true. He looks so cute sitting there saying dada though.

Happy Birthday to your hubby. It's always the present that you expect to get the least reaction from that gets the biggest. I don't know why that happens, but it does. At times I have been tempted to give Tyler a pink tutu for his birthday and see what his reaction would be.

Angie Nickle said...

Jess! Yea! A Hall blog- Exciting! makes it so much easier to keep in touch with you! Now listen, we've got to get together soon because that little boy is getting way too big and way tooooo cute for his own good. I probably need to hold him! Plus we miss you!