
This is old news, but two weeks ago I attended at three day lactation conference in American Fork. Wow. I thought I knew alot of boobs, I was clueless. A couple of things I learned:
1. Being a lactation specialist can be terrible, think about it, all you do is breasts all day long.
2. Breasts/Nipples come in as many shapes and sizes as drill bits.
3. If men had to breastfeed, they wouldn't.
4. If your nipples hurt when breastfeeding buck the freak up, everyone's nips hurt.
5. If when you pump you have green slime coming out of your breasts-not normal.
6. When your child verbally tells you he is ready to breastfeed-might be the time to wean.
7. When people give you dirty stares and looks when you are breastfeeding in public tell them that if breastfeeding in public disturbs them then to please feel free to put a blanket over their head or tell them that your are just to lazy to make a bottle.
8. If you are what you eat...your child will turn into a big booby. =)
9. It's ok to nickname your breasts.
10. Breastfeeding really is the best.
All jokes aside (actually everyone of those topics was brought up at the conference) breastfeeding your children is the best thing you can do for them. Some moms can't breastfeed, and I'm not here to pass judgement. Whatever you can do to give your child breastmilk, awesome! The best way to explain it is that cows drink cows milk, elephants drink elephants milk, whales drink whale milk and humans should drink human milk. I have seen and touched more breasts than Blake has and if any of you out there who read this blog ever need help breastfeeding, or have any questions about breastfeeding, don't hesitate to ask me...because now I am an official lactation consultant!
3 comments:
Has green slime ever come out of some one?! I would seriously like to hear the explanation... And yeah, everything was fine with poison control. They pretty much laughed at me and saId she'd be fine.
Well Hell!! where were you when Trey was born...let's just say it was the WORST first month EVER!! No one talked to me about the milk coming in, or engorgement, or cracked nipples. Luckily when Ave came along I knew that it was supposed to be that painful.(even though she was tounge tied) I really can't believe I've stuck it out with both of them, but it really is the best. Good for you for becoming a lactation specialist, that is so great.They are every new mom's BREAST friend ha ha:) Man, are you ever going to be done with school.You are awesome for doing all these things!......oh yah, I was going to tell you that they are doing a lunch for grandpa saunders, he is turning 90...I know, shoot me if live that long. It's at 12:30. I wasn't sure if you guys knew about it. My mom in law asked me to tell you. Not sure where, I'll let you know, if you're coming. I think everyone will be there. Maybe bring a salad or dessert or something if you come:)
you're incredible my friend, someday i just may ask you for some advice regarding the breastfeeding dealio...
Post a Comment