skip to main |
skip to sidebar
An Abbreviated Baby Story

There is too much, let me sum up. I began contracting around 11:30 p.m. on Saturday September 13. I had been cleaning to the house and just got into bed when the contractions began. At 2:00 a.m. I woke Blake up and said, "we need to go to the hospital...now!" My contractions had gone from being 10 minutes apart to 7 minutes apart to 5 and then to 3. We got to the hospital about 3:00 a.m. and I immediately was ready for my epidural. (Please disregard previous blogs about natural childbirth....) I got my epidural at 4:00 a.m., was dilated to a 3 and felt great. At 8:00 a.m I was only at a 4 so they started Pitocin. 8:45 a.m. the Dr. broke my water (or so we thought) and by 10:30 a.m. I was at a 7. My nurse even commented that I would probably have my baby by 12:00! Oh and there was rejoicing. Then...came then...I started to feel this insane pain in my back on my left side. Worse then the contractions. It was a a constant pain that never went away. I drove Blake and my nurse crazy because nothing that they did helped with the pain, it was still there and excruciating. Blake even had to leave the room for awhile because I was so angry, irrate and acting naughty. Then the baby started to stress out, so the pitocin went off, the oxygen came on, and the pain was worse. Over the next 3 hours I dilated from a 7 to an 8 to a 9 and then finally complete around 3:00. I began pushing around 3:15 or so. We then found out what was causing all the insane pain. Brody's head was twisted to hard to the left and down, and he had his right fist underneith his chin. After 2.5 long hours of pushing, he finally arrived at 5:41. Honestly, it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I thought about giving up multiple times and saying that I couldn't do it. My Dr. was so great and stayed with me the whole time, (she thought possible c-section if my pushing wasn't working, so she stayed just in case). I was so greateful that she stayed with me, she was an excellent motivator, coached me through each contraction, praised me when really there was nothing to be praised for and just offered support. Thank you Dr. Lochner!!! Blake did really well and stayed by my side through it all. He held my leg and surpassed my expectations of what I thought he would do. Blake loves Brody. He loves to hold him, to talk to him, kiss him, and he wanted to take him out to see the Dog and the 4-wheeler when we got home. Mom vetoed that idea. Well, mom is functioning on almost negative hours of sleep over the last 4 days so to rest for awhile I go. We love you all and appreciate all your concern for us, all the presents, phone calls, meals, etc...
4 comments:
I am so excited that you posted so soon. We (Lindsey & I) were wondering if you would. He is beautiful. I love that you asked us to disregard your pervious posts about natural child birth. If there is one thing I know about parenting, it is that it is ALL easier to say than do. Congratulations he is beautiful. I love that blake wanted to take him outside.
You are awesome! He is so big, his little leg it much bigger than Krey's. Good luck with the sleep thing.
Addy
Yea! What a sweetie if a boy can be a sweetie. It is so fun to see him and Blake Holding Him! You are such a cute family. Isn't it great to have him home and here.
With Love, Sharon
You have a beautiful baby!! My first thought was that his newborn pictures look just like my boys - guess it is the Hall genes. It sounds like you are having the typical new mom experiences. You're right about the instant love; everything you do (and go through) are worth it. Wishing you more sleep, we can't wait to see Brody!
Love, Nadine
Post a Comment