This is a disgusting picture that Blake took of me last night.
**Thanks Blake for getting my stretchies in the picture also.
Instead of working on homework today, which I should be doing, I decided to create a blog. I love blog stalking on other people's sites, so I figured people could start stalking me. Please forgive the blandness of the blog, hopefully I can talk Alyson into helping me spice it up a little bit.
Top news story...still...no baby. I am so far past my due that I have completely forgot how many days I am overdue now. I was forced though today to set an induction date, which I didn't want to do. I see so many women who want to have "designer births," "elective c-sections", etc. that I didn't want to be one. Which is why now I am being punished by going so far past my delivery date. I believe that women have been having children for thousands of years without delivery dates, ultrasounds, inductions, lactation specialists, and RNs for that matter that you should just trust your body and let your body do what it is supposed to do. I even contemplated having a home birth at one time. Then I realized how stupid of an idea it was. (I'm also a realist and know how much can go wrong in a really short amount of time). One of my favorite documentaries is called "The Business of Being Born." If you have two hours to kill, check it out. It really shines a light on the healthcare system in America interferring with the woman's natural way of giving birth. So whether I want to have my body decide to have a baby on its own or not, in less than a week we will be parents.
Top news story...still...no baby. I am so far past my due that I have completely forgot how many days I am overdue now. I was forced though today to set an induction date, which I didn't want to do. I see so many women who want to have "designer births," "elective c-sections", etc. that I didn't want to be one. Which is why now I am being punished by going so far past my delivery date. I believe that women have been having children for thousands of years without delivery dates, ultrasounds, inductions, lactation specialists, and RNs for that matter that you should just trust your body and let your body do what it is supposed to do. I even contemplated having a home birth at one time. Then I realized how stupid of an idea it was. (I'm also a realist and know how much can go wrong in a really short amount of time). One of my favorite documentaries is called "The Business of Being Born." If you have two hours to kill, check it out. It really shines a light on the healthcare system in America interferring with the woman's natural way of giving birth. So whether I want to have my body decide to have a baby on its own or not, in less than a week we will be parents.
(And I am now stepping down off of my soap box)
2 comments:
Wow! So excited you have a blog... it is addictive, but so fun to see what is happening in everyone's lives!
Oh- and I will definitely help you with your blog anytime!
Post a Comment