Friday, September 26, 2008

Life With One Hand



Brody just enjoying his $180 swing that we got for him. I have come to realize that my life for the next few weeks will be lived with just my right hand. I am having to type on the computer with one hand trying to do my homework, laundry (yes, you can fold with just one hand), loading the dishwasher, writing thank you cards, doing the OB/GYN holiday schedule, etc... He just loves to be held. Blake says I am spoiling him by picking him up when he cries, I just can't ignore it. Blake will just put him on the floor and let him kick and scream and cry until he stops, which is worse??? I am looking forward to the weekend because Blake will be home. I don't know why but just having him home, even though most of the time he is not doing anything with Brody makes a huge difference (a huge difference for my mental health). Brody really is a good baby, he sleep for about 6 hours at night from 10pm-4am and does really well. The problem is that during the day he then goes every 2-3 hours between feedings. Aunt Aly is here and giving him a bath right now. He does NOT like bath time, so I am sure he will be ready to feed after she finishes.

2 comments:

The Ballard's said...

That is funny that you think life with one arm will end in two weeks. Check it out, Gretchen is 3 and now I need both arms to hold her. Blast... let him cry a little.

Jake and Alayna said...

Tell me about it! Gunnar still thinks he needs to be held ALL THE TIME! He'll just cling to my legs and cry and say, "mommy hold me!" How can I not?! It makes trying to be productive around here pretty tough but everyone keeps telling me they won't stay little for long. My grandma always says,"you can't spoil good stuff!"