Saturday, September 20, 2008

Against Everything I Said I Wouldn't Do


Unknown to me last night, Blake took this picture of Brody and me. Glamour has totally gone out the window, as you can tell. I have found that already as a mother, things that I said I would never do, I have done. Last night I was SO tired that around 12:30 a.m. I barked at Blake that he needed to take care of Brody. He had just fed for 45 minutes and had taken in 3 ounces of pumped breastmilk and was still being fussy. (I later found out in the morning that he was angry because he had to poop...Blake changed his first poopy diaper last night, and said that we might need to hire a stable boy to take care of Brody's diapers!) Instead of putting Brody in his sleeper by the side of the bed, which we had been doing, Blake decided that Brody should sleep in the bed with us. I still am anti-this idea. Can you say SIDS??? Suffocation??? But guess what, Brody freakin loves to sleep in the bed. I don't know if it's that he's warm, or the bed is more comfortable then his sleeper, or that his tummy was just REALLY full, but he slept, according to Blake from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. This is the longest he, and I, have ever slept since consecutively since he was born. I also said I wouldn't give Brody a binki until he was 3 weeks old. This was shot down on day 4 of life. I said no artificial nipples. Shot down on day 3. So already, motherhood is about being flexible.

4 comments:

The Ballard's said...

Amen sister!

Stephanie Hall said...

Good luck with the bed thing! Hailee loves to move all over our bed (she gets to sleep with us when she's sick-i'm a push-over). She usually ends up with her head by me and her feet kicking Heath over and over and over...until he leaves and sleeps on the couch!

Aly said...

Isn't motherhood GREAT?! He is a darling, and I know how it is to have a son that LOVES to eat! Missed seeing you the other night...

Tara said...

You're doing Wonderful! It's such a hard transition...you start do anything for sleep...just do what you feel is best and everything will go much easier for the three of you...Maxton did so much better when he snuggle up to me at night, and I got so much more sleep too!

(not sure if I've commented before, this is Tara Hale, Ben Hale's wife)