Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another Cliche Blog

So everybody always blogs about how great there husbands are yada yada yada...but...I want to give a shout out this morning to my homeboy Blake. Here are just a few reasons why telling my telling Blake "thank-you" isn't enough:

.Blake is an amazing father (I had a "ah-ha" moment yesterday when Blake was holding and playing with Brody, I looked at them and suddenly my love for him grew. That's a crappy way of explaining how I felt but I saw him interacting with Brody and I was just warm.)

.Blake cleaned the front room and kitchen floors on Saturday. I was feeling terribly sick and although I had to prompt him "Blake I left the vacuum out for you to do the floors," he actually did it for the first time in our 3 1/2 year marriage.

.Blake is the epitomy of service. I cannot even tell you how much he helps other people out. Whether it is construction related, church related, neighborhood related, family related, friends related, I don't think that there is one person a five mile radius of our home that he hasn't done something for and I love him for it!)

.He never complains about how much money I spend. I have certainly cut back a TON on spending since we got married, but he never begrudges me or tells me not to spend money. In fact, most of the time he encourages me to go by clothing or to do my crafting.

.He does things just so he can say he did them. Let me explain. When we first met he had a fully functional fish pond in the living room. Now who in there right mind would put a 6x5 foot fish pond in a living room. When I asked him why his response was, "well I just wanted to see if I could build one." He has been doing hours of research lately on starting up his own smoking catering business. Again, just so he can see if he can do it. This is another reason why I get so nervous when he goes snowmobling and I put search and rescue's number on speed dial. He sees a hill/cornice/mountain peek and says, "hmmmm I wonder if I can make it up this hill," and then he tries (and sometimes fails).

.He willingly goes to work every morning and HARDLY ever complains. I mean he really does not whine about his job. Amazing.

2 comments:

sarah and jeremy said...

Husbands are WONDERFUL!! We truly are lucky to have such wonderful men take great care of us. You guys are a cute little family....Jeremy wouldn't ever say anything about my shopping habits either, I really believe in retail therapy, it keeps me sane.

Jake and Alayna said...

We are sure appreciative to have been on the recieving end of his service! Now I hope to return the favor with a big ol stink bull elk to pack out for him next year!

Jake