Friday, January 30, 2009

To Much On My Mind

Yesterday I got a little mommy "break"...well I don't know if you could classify it really as a break because I had to go to Weber State for my Threats and Crisis in Nursing class. (A.D.D. moment...Blake will tell me that I get at least one break a week from Brody when I go to work, oh please, it's a break taking care of postpartum women and there whiny newborn infants, what a "break"!) Anyway, I am really enjoying this class. My previous plan if there was a crisis was to get the h*!L out of dodge and the last place that I would EVER choose to be is at the hospital...although I still feel that way, because my husband and my child come first I am more apt now to maybe help someone, on my way out of town. We watched a terrible video about Chernobyl in class, there should've been a disclaimer "DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU ARE A HORMONAL BREASTFEEDING FIRST TIME MOTHER!" I now know where to send some charitble donations to WHEN I win the powerball. Our professor also shared with us a report from the Department of Homeland Security where they predict by 2012 there will be a large scale biological terriorist attack on the United States greater than 9/11. So at least I have three more good years ahead of me?!?

I also cowboy'd up and finally cleaned my living room and kitchen floors. Not a big deal to some, but I hadn't cleaned them since I had Brody. Oops. There was probably a whole meal that I mopped up off the kitchen floor. It sounds stupid, but I'm proud of myself for this accomplishment.

Is it bad that it's January and I'm already looking forward to summer. I better start saving now for my winter home in Phoenix so when I'm old, driving a caddy, getting a shampoo and set every Friday, worrying about my bowel movements at least I'll be warm in the sun.

I also won a contest off my friends blog (THANKS KARIANN!) so as part of the rules of winning my prize I have to do my own giveaway on my blog, so stayed tuned...

Brody giving Mom Kisses!

No comments: