Thursday, January 15, 2009
Growing Boy
Brody had his 4 month appointment yesterday with Dr. Church, who by the way I really like as a pediatrician, and he is getting so big! He is 15lbs 3 oz (75%), 27 inches (95%), and 43 cm head circumference (75%). He met all of his developmental milestones, except rolling over. Dr. Church said we could start cereal, so last night we dove head first, literally, into Rice Cereal. Brody really liked it! We're just going to supplement one feeding a day right now with Rice Cereal and see how it goes. I started to tell Dr. Church about how Brody had been sleeping through the night and now has gotten into a naughty pattern and before I even got 1/4 of the way through my story he said, "you've got to just let him cry." What?!? Just let my little boy, my little innocent smiling boy cry? You're kidding right? So last night he went to bed about 10:45 p.m. and he started crying at 11:57 p.m. I let him cry until exactly 12:12 a.m., 15 minutes, which is what Dr. Church said I had to wait before I went into comfort him. I was seriously looking at the clock every minute and counting down until I could go into his room. He slept until 4 or so when, according to Blake, he couldn't stand hearing him cry, not for the same reasons as me, but because he had to get up in 3 hours for work and wanted to sleep in peace. Dr. Church said if we let him cry for 15 minutes before we went in and gave him the binki that in 4-7 days we could possibly change the pattern. So I'll keep you updated if it works =).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Perfect. Thanks for the advice; we are trying it tonight! It's like your blog entry completes mine. How sweet.
Awwww Jessica, so cute to hear your mommy post, I wouldn't let him cry either, you're such an adorable mom, good luck with the rice cereal, doesn't look like he likes it that much! :)
Hailee still doesn't sleep through the night...and I can't stand to let her cry-that certain cry that you know isn't going to stop anytime soon. AND I'm about to have another one-what does Dr. Church say about that? What do I do?
Post a Comment